Benton Veterans’ Benefits Lawyer
You Served Our Country, Now Let Us Serve You
If you or your spouse served in the military, you are entitled to benefits that help offset the high cost of long-term care. The United States Veterans Administration’s Aid and Attendance program helps veterans and their surviving spouses pay for nursing homes, assisted living facilities, and even in-home care.
With very few law firms in Southern Illinois concentrating on legal issues that affect senior veterans, Levanti Law is proud to assist you in getting the benefits you’ve earned.
Call (618) 717-4409 to schedule a free consultation and speak with a skilled veterans’ benefits lawyer today.
Do I Qualify for Veteran Aid & Attendance Benefits?
According to the United States Veterans Administration’s Aid and Attendance program, veterans can qualify for aid or benefits if they:
- Served during wartime,
- Were honorably discharged, and
- Spent their income on non-reimbursed medical expenses.
The United States Department of Veteran Affairs dictates that Aid and Attendance payments are available to qualified pension recipients who meet at least one of the following criteria:
- They have someone who helps them take care of everyday personal functions, which can include bathing, eating, dressing themselves, using the restroom, adjusting prosthetics, etc.
- They are bedridden due to a disability that keeps them confined to the bed and not due to temporary treatment
- They are a resident of a nursing home, or a similar type of long-term care facility, due to physical or mental impairments
- They have corrected vision limited to 5/200 acuity or less in both eyes, or concentric contraction of the visual field to 5 degrees or less
How Soon Will I Start to Receive Benefits?
Veterans and their surviving spouses are entitled to receive benefits starting from the month of application. Set your appointment today with Levanti Law to get started today.
Contact us at (618) 717-4409 to speak with your veterans’ law attorney about your needs and benefits during your free consultation. Our firm proudly serves veterans in Benton and throughout Franklin County.