Benton Medicaid Planning Lawyer
Plan for Your & Your Loved Ones’ Future with Guidance from Levanti Law
It’s never easy to predict what medical services you or a loved one will need, or the expenses associated with them.
With an in-depth knowledge of Medicaid eligibility limits and copious approved applications, Attorney William Levanti can help guide you in the right direction. Levanti Law provides the experienced and capable legal assistance you need.
What Is Medicaid Planning?
Medicaid planning is any assistance provided to a potential Medicaid applicant prior to and in preparation for their Medicaid application. This can be as simple as assistance with the collection and preparation of documents or as complicated as a complete restructuring of financial assets.
How Do I Determine Eligibility?
At Levanti Law, we understand that Medicaid planning becomes complicated when an individual’s monthly income or resources are near, or over, the financial eligibility limits.
In Illinois, the Department of Human Services has the right to review all transfers an individual has made for 60 months prior to the date of an application for public assistance through the State’s Long-Term Care Medical program.
To qualify for assistance, an individual is limited to:
- $2,000.00 in non-exempt assets
- $30.00 per month in income
- $1,5000.00 in life insurance
Why Should I Plan for Medicaid?
It’s impossible to predict the future but planning helps ensure the best possibility of acceptance into the Medicaid program.
There are many different reasons why one should plan for Medicaid. For example:
- Long-term care is expensive, so planning will ensure loved ones receive the care they require, which they could not afford otherwise.
- Medicaid eligibility is extremely complicated, and even simple errors can result in your benefits being denied.
- The application and review processes are very time consuming. Working with a Medicaid planning lawyer can streamline the process and prevent unnecessary stress.
- You want to preserve your family’s limited assets to ensure that the next generation will have a home and/or be able to afford a quality education.
- You want help understanding how the Department of Human Services distinguishes between exempt and non-exempt resources.
- You want help properly allocating resources between income and assets so that any nursing home costs are met while preserving a legacy for your loved ones.
We are here to assist you with your medical planning needs every step of the way.
To schedule a free consultation and begin the Medicaid planning process, call Levanti Law at (618) 717-4409 today.